Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Sewing fun

I never tought I would ever sew. Never really gave it a tought because i was too busy leading a corporate life. 

It all started when I delivered Number Three. I was in my mom's house as the due date was near the Eid holiday. That means no helper, and with two small kids, the safest is to be near her. Thanks Mom !

So it was a confinement period. And I couldn't leave the house. And I needed pillow cases for the baby very badly.  so I decided to DIY. 

I asked my driver to teach me how to use the machine. (Yes, I do have a chauffeur. Like most jakartans do)

Using a cute pajama I have owned the last 10 years. ha. That was even before I was married. Voila, they become the pillow case.

Wow, it is saving a lot of money. Using a sewing machine that travels between two homes (read: borrowed) I sew a few fun stuff. The internet is a powerful tool.  I learned how-to's from some awesome bloggers.

Here is a project I have done recently. 

This shirt is 6 Years old. And has accompanied me through 3 pregnancies.

Cut It in half. And sew an elastic in the waist.


It becomes a skirt and a cape for the girl.
She was so happy wearing them.  
How easy it is to please her. Haha.

Share with me your project if you have done similar thing.

Love, Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment